Constitution of MyWorld
Drafted by: John Liebe, Harry Robbins...You are invited to contribute
Work in progress
On freedom of self expression and transitory ideas
- Every person has the right to speak freely in public.
- Publication has irrevocable permanence, however speech is transitory.
- MyWorld, as a public space, is presented as speech and not publication.
- Speech can be counter-argued, rebutted, minds can change and previous opinions withdrawn. The same is true on MyWorld.
- Removal of some content is in the best interest of the community. e.g. spam generated by automation and illegal imagery.
- Content can be removed provided that a copy of every removed content item is made available for public perusal for a reasonable time. (provided that it is legal to store such item)
Ideas that should not be censored are:
- Personal opinions
- Questions about any fact
- Political debates
- Reporting of news
Items that might be censored are
- Illegal pornography
- Illegal video content
- Images of gratuitous graphic violence without context
- Copyrighted material
- Automated content
- Content on the platform is stored by default
- Every person has the right to have their content removed with a reasonal time.
- Every person has the right to be forgotten.
- Every person has the right to personal privacy, ie not have their personal information shared with unknown 3rd parties.
On Self Representation
Every person has the right to identify themself with any name they choose, provided they do not impersonate another person.
On the Right to Rebuttal
- Every person has the right to respond to any statement made about them.
- Content cannot be hidden from the public or made impervious to rebuttal.
On the right to Own Property
- Every person has the right to own at least 1 property on MyWorld. A VR "Home".
- This home cannot be sold outright, but can be traded for another home.
- The property owner places their own value on their property.